INTERVIEW BY JATINDER AULAKH

1- What is poetry? Why did you choose poetry for self-expression?

Poetry is a lyric of a cascading emotion flowing like every expressive soul's music. It is an artistic creation within that touches, inspires, and uplifts the spirit of both the writer and the readers. For me, good poetry is not measured by how deep every word being put together but by how many emotions one's heart speaks into writing.
I have lately discovered being bestowed of such a wondrous endowment. After doing my first few creations, I found out that it could be a way to depict my oozing emotions, to let myself burst of all my feelings untold to splendidly touch some souls considering my humble being has gotten the wisdom brought by humility and life experiences. People who love to read and write poetry are passionate creations in the name of love and art. It is wonderful to share with this kind of individual.
The other reason why I am choosing poetry is I consider this art as one of the marvelous ancient treasures that need to be preserved in this modern world.

2- When and where you brought up, Tells us about early days of life?

This year 2015, I am about to celebrate
My golden year. For almost half a century in this fantastic world, my existence made me indeed so grateful in every step of my journey. My mother had an over pouring joy when she delivered me in 1965. I am the only child coming from her womb though I have my sister 10 years older than me. My parents decided to have a child they can call their own as they thought they wouldn't have one. My sister and I were raised with an abundance of love from our parents. But because of our gap, I was the center of attention and cared for by my family, relatives, and friends close to us. I was treated like a princess given so much attention and care by the people around me. I could always have what I wanted during my childhood, and because of that, I've got no idea the meaning of hardship and difficulties in life until I cross difficulties and hardship. And I realized all of these kinds of failures will give shine, colors, and learnings.


I grew up in a beautiful valley in Vallehermoso Negros Oriental, the Philippines, in a certain Barangay we called Tagbino suburb to the city of Canlaon where Canlaon Volcano is located. Our place is surrounded by mountains.

If you allow me, there is so much to share about the people and my beloved place that wherever I may travel through, I feel I am still connected with the people and my business. I am not engaged in politics and never plan to, but I love the people from my heart, especially the unfortunate ones. We supported them with school supplies during the start of the school year and toys for children during Christmas and sometimes giving donations to some sick persons whose folks tried to knock our hearts during their hospital confinement. But I couldn't make this step into helping them without some fortunate neighbors that I have organized with a group name Tagbino  Serving Eagles. It is a kind of neighborhood camaraderie that even though most of us are no longer residing in our village, some members are now living in different places in and outside the country while my family and I are currently residing in the capital city of Negros Occidental, the city of the smile, Bacolod City. Yet, Tagbinonians take a big part of my heart and my dream.

3- People behave like machines in the modern age. How do you find time for creative work?

My passion for composing poems and sharing my creations always gives me strength in this endeavor. I am a versatile and flexible woman, and I always challenge myself to do multi tasking activities. I firmly believe that it will never be tiring to accomplish it if we love our work. Every person I newly encounter is a gift and opportunity, and so every place that I go through. I treasure every second that passes. I couldn't let time fly, not being productive doing my living and passion. My busy life is never a hindrance but an inspiration.

4- You selected the title for your poetry blog-The Speaking Heart. Do you get inspiration from within or from society in your creative process?

I selected Speaking Heart to be the title of my blog and my poetry column in Kabayan Weekly Newspaper in UAE because it literally and logically suits my creations as I obviously speak from the heart not only in writing poems but also in writing poetry in an ordinary conversation to people in all walks of life.
I never waste time spreading positive vibes. I may not be a self-centered person but loving myself is the best words to describe. We couldn't give love if we don't know how to love ourselves first as we are love itself. Standing in front of the mirror reminds me of God's splendid gift. My smile illuminates the world, and there are so. Much love to share from my heart that made my life worth cherishing. My main inspiration is loving from the deepest core of my soul, and the love that I have given rebounds back unto me in different forms.  When I feel my innermost gratitude and the rippling of other emotions whirling over my thoughts. This signifies that my spirit is commanding me to write and express the melody of my heart and soul. I consider this as a calling. Yes, this is my calling. A call to share and a need to inspire by the lyrics of my speaking heart's cascading emotion, my poetry.

5 -Is it difficult for you to cope with family, work, and hobbies? Does it become tiresome sometimes, or you stay active?
I am always bubbly and happy. I never take any synthetic medicine just to be energized. My children's dream is my vitamins as it gives me the energy to go outside for a living rain or shine. I have no way to escape but face life bravely. I set time to rest, and when I wake up in the morning, it is another start of a fresh new day. The secret to always remain energetic is to live life positively.
6-   Do your family members cooperate with you and honor your creative zest?
Yes, they always do. They are all proud of me. Maybe they are not so vocal with their appreciation, but I feel their utmost support. I admire their respect for every emotion I poured into writing. Though they are not reading every poem I created, they are always my avid fans. They know that this passion of mine is my stress reliever and by giving me still the honor is more than enough a message that they are infusing me strength, inspiration, and love that keep me moving. They are making every aspect of my life a whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCRATCH

WHEN THE RIGHT TIME WILL BE?