PAPA, LET ME GREET YOU

Let me greet you, Papa
If I can create words for others, would it not be trifling if I couldn't grasp some words for my father?
Would I forget his love for me so focused? He spoke like a broken record. He boasted me to his friends. He was, to me, that proud.
With his gentle lion's thoughts, he planned things to be done with his strenuous effort, and he was that profound.
He was strict yet great with silence like a river deep; he wanted me to be well-mannered and decent.
I remember one night when I was out of his sight, he finds for me like missing the brightest moon; I was his life.
It saddened me to see my father witnessing the torments of his daughter. Maybe his brave heart also shed tears.
But what can an ill father do to save her precious daughter? He couldn't strive for my strife, he was helpless, yet still, he kept me with his pleas until the end of his life.
Now it's Father's moments!
Let me celebrate with you, Papa.
Let me reminisce our memories and talk about things you love to hear from me.
Didn't you know I am now a Poet? I have so many stories to tell if you were just here. I can read with you my poems about the battles in life that I have won!
You can be proud of me now more than you were before
Look at my eyes! My tears can now be more expressive and meaningful than my pen.
My ink isn't enough to scribble the joy of my heart. So I have cast away those touches of melancholy caused by the havoc life brought to shape me to be who I am today.
Watch my children from your window in heaven. Hug me tight, as I was able to raise them well. They are my treasure, as I was yours!
Look how splendid the smile you painted on my face is, sweeter and gentle than it was, though my tears blend them!
How fast time flies. But I tried to ride its wings. I have so much lore in life, Papa, and I still wish to learn more to share
How long it had been since you left. I thank God for this glorious chance. This is my very first time writing a Poem for you.
I know you are smiling there upon reading my heart. I hear you telling me in silence, " I am so proud of you, my daughter, be still."
"Papa, Happy Father's Day."
Copyright@ Helen Sarita

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCRATCH

WHEN THE RIGHT TIME WILL BE?

IN LOVE WITH MY CREATIONS