STARRY SKY SERIES

Poem #1

A poetry series project by Poet Mike and Me.

Starry night...

Driving my way on the valley of ascending zigzag road
Brighten by the glittering stars above the white-gray clouds
I was tempted by the overlooking gleam of assorted city lights.
I dropped by, wanting to savor the cold breeze of that night.

I listened to my speaking heart if she has something to say
She was just observing, silent, smiling yet empty.
But I didn't understand why she was feeling so blue.
Seems there was a lacking in her in which I just didn't know

I looked up the sky wanted to share my sighs in heaven.
I was waiting for the answer as to why my tears were falling.
I was reminded there is one star you called after my name.
I asked myself, is that the most amorous to be comforting?

I wish I could really be the star you named Helen.
Even though it sometimes appears and it sometimes doesn't
Yet it gives you a spark never ends even of its absence.
It couldn't be erased by time, like stars never stop their existence.

Helen Sarita

"You Are The Star."
By,
Michael P Clarke.

Up in the heavens, the stars are arrayed.
In one-star woman's beauty, I see
Here in this star, such love is displayed.
This is your star and ever shall be
I shall sing to this star prose simple and fair.
I shall sing my own love's serenade.
Words they shall flow the sweetest of wine.
Those from the heart are never delayed.
You are my heaven's brightest star.
Hope shines eternal when you are there.
Never within reach always so far.
Yet you shine on me with peace so rare.
In night's embrace, I await a dream.
Then in the night, passion's fulfilled.
The dream shall flow as we do deam
All life's rough waters can be stilled.
Always each night, I shall look to the sky.
There in the heavens, your star shall appear.
In the starlight glade, we there shall both lie.
In our dream, our sorrows shall disappear.
I hear now the strains of a wondrous guitar.
As I see the face that sings in my heart
Forever in my night, you are the star.
And from my night, you shall never part.

(In A Starry Sky Series.)

Mike

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Helen, it does look good when you see it together. The first collaboration. It was an honour and a pleasure to do. You did make it so easy to follow you. I did enjoy the process. Looking forward to more to come. You belong in starry skies with your loving heart and beautiful soul. May your words ever sing. May our words ever connect. Hugs....Mike. XX

Popular posts from this blog

WHEN THE RIGHT TIME WILL BE?

SCRATCH

SUBSTANCE OF LOVE