Wednesday, July 19, 2017

THE FABRIC OF MY LIFE

The Fabric of my life


I gave to you my heart, my soul
Because I love you dear
I never questioned right or wrong
For you were always here
So I proposed the marriage vows
In hope you'd be my wife
I told you who you are to me
The fabric of my life

You are a fine mate of my soul
Loving me without condition
You took away my tears of sorrow
With love's one true rendition
Come take me let us be as one
I will love you til the end
Bring me to the wonderland
Where soul mates do descend
We've seen Heaven in its glory
In many different ways
We've both seen hell and some things gory
Whilst together all our day's
We have danced and shared in laughter
We've cried tearsin times of pain
In the strength of one and other
We would do it all again

I am filled with Heaven's passion
Blissful in life's joy
You're my lust, my dream, my confidence
The owner of my sigh
You're the strength I lost in times gone by
But you waltzed into my life
Made me the woman I longed to be
Your one eternal wife

Take my hand my darling
We'll walk life's rugged roads
With the world we'll share our laughter
And lighten many loads
For the universe above us
Will watch us both each night
As we embrace in loves true passion
Beneath the pale moonlight


A collaboration by Helen Sarita and John Kavanagh
(C) 18/07/2017
All Rights Reserved by both authors.
Written for The poets Attic.

No comments: